Terms & Conditions
Please carefully review the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) on this page before signing up for ImpactHack 2023. ImpactHack 2023 ("Event”) which is organised by Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad (Reg No. 198401003274 (115793-P) (“Bank”). By registering for this Event, you agree that you have read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions.
- All participants must be 18 years old and above, and the event is open to Malaysian citizens and non-Malaysians who have a valid Malaysian PR or visa.
- This is strictly a team competition. Each team must have a minimum of three (3) or maximum of five (5) members with at least one (1) coder to build a working software prototype. You are required to nominate one member as a team leader.
- Interested teams are required to apply online online and must submit before 12 June 2023.
- All successful teams will receive an e-mail confirmation within seven (7) working days after signing up. We reserve the right to reject your registration to participate in the Event for any reasons whatsoever.
- The Event is limited to only shortlisted teams, basedon our selection criteria.
- The following group of persons shall not be eligible to participate in the Event:
- (i) Permanent and/or contract employees of the Bank and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses, children, parents, brothers and sisters and their representatives and/or agents and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses, children, parents, brothers and sisters); and
- (ii) Advertising and promotion agents and vendors who are directly involved with this Event.
- All teams will be required to attend a Virtual Pre-Hack Briefing on 14 June 2023 at 8.00pm.
- All teams will be required to attend the Virtual Hackathon from 16 to 18 June 2023 and the registration will start at 8.00am.
- All teams must only start coding during the Event. Teams are not allowed to pre-code anything or work on existing projects. Teams are allowed to work with open-source resources that are publicly available.
- Teams are allowed to develop solutions in any programming language or framework, whether on mobile or web platforms.
- The entire Virtual Hackathon will be facilitated via our virtual event platform. All teams will receive guidance from mentors appointed by the Bank virtually to enable them to complete their projects and submit the final work before 18 June 2023.
- Each team is allowed to submit only one (1) entry.
- The panel of judges for Round 1 will shortlist the top 10 teams who will be given the opportunity to further enhance their projects based on the feedback provided.
- The top 10 teams will present their enhanced and polished-up projects to our panel of Grand Judges on-stage at a venue in Kuala Lumpur on 24 June 2023. All members of the top 10 teams must attend the Event in person.
- Winners may be subjected to a code review during or after the Event if there are any disputes.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding on all participants and no communication in this regard shall be entertained. If any matters, dispute or claim arise which are not covered in this Terms and Conditions, they will be determined by the Bank.
- Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture or partnership relationship between you or your team and the Bank.
- The champion will receive Thirty Thousand Ringgit (MYR30,000) in cash, trophies and winners’ certificates.
- The 2nd prize winner will receive Twenty Thousand Ringgit (MYR20,000) in cash, trophies and winners’ certificates.
- The 3rd prize winner will receive Ten Thousand Ringgit (MYR10,000) in cash, trophies and winners’ certificates.
- The 4th to 10th placed teams will receive a consolation prize of Five Thousand Ringgit (MYR5,000) in cash and winners’ certificates.
- The Bank can substitute the prize with other item(s) of similar value at any time with prior notice by way of email. The prizes shall be given on an “as is” basis.
- The Bank shall not, in any circumstances, be liable for any lost, defaced, torn, damaged, expired or stolen prizes.
- The Bank will not entertain any request for replacement of such lost, defaced, torn, damaged, expired or stolen prizes.
- The Bank can request for proof of identification of any winner before the prize is collected.
- The participants also consent to co-operate with and participate in publicity activities related to the Event organised by the Bank at their own expense without compensation whatsoever.
- In the event after the solution review, the Bank and/or the judges are of the view that the project developed by the winners are not original work and/or infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party, the Bank reserves the right to forfeit the cash prize awarded to the winners.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- You hereby confirm and agree that all work presented during the Event is original work and does not and will not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party including, without limitation, any third-party patents, copyrights or trademarks.
- All intellectual property rights to the designs and codes of the app/prototype developed at the Event are wholly owned by the teams, but you will grant the Bank the first right of refusal to acquire the intellectual property right, title and interest to the app/prototype presented at the grand finals in the event you wish to transfer, in whole or in part, such right, title and interest at any point in time.
- You undertake to indemnify the Bank against all costs, expenses, charges, demands, claims, actions, losses and damages which the Bank may suffer or sustain as a result of any claim that your project or working prototype is illegally obtained or unauthorised, or that any third party’s intellectual property rights or proprietary rights have been infringed.
- By participating in this Event, you consent to the Bank processing and storing your personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA 2010”).
- The Bank may share, disseminate or distribute any of your personal data without consent if required to do so under any applicable law, court ruling or administrative body of competent jurisdiction.
- By participating in the Event, all participants:
- (i) agree to participate in any interviews, prize giving ceremony or other publicity events if and when required by the Bank;
- (ii) consent for the Bank to disclose or publish their personal information such as their names and identities and any general information that the Bank sees fit about the participants or their account(s) in any media, marketing or advertising materials; and
- (iii) grant the Bank the absolute and unrestricted right to modify, use and/or publish any still or moving image of the participants for any campaign, marketing, commercial or other related purpose, without any payment or compensation.
CANCELLATION & POSTPONEMENT
- We further reserve the rights to cancel or amend the competition and these Terms and Conditions in the event of any actual and anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulations or any other event outside of the Bank’s control.
- You agree to access the https://jomhack.com/impacthack/ website at regular intervals to view the Terms and Conditions and ensure that you are kept up-to-date on any change or variation to this document.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you are not entitled to any claim or compensation against the Bank for any or all losses or damages suffered or incurred, whether directly or indirectly, as a result of any postponement or cancellation of the Event.
DISCLAIMER, INDEMNITY AND RIGHT OF THE BANK
- The participants understand and agree that access to the Hackathon website and participation in the Event is solely at his/her own risk and the participants agree to assume full responsibility.
- The participants acknowledge and agree that to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Bank disclaims any and all liabilities for any claims for damages, losses, costs and/or expenses arising from or connected with the participation of the Event.
- The Bank shall not be liable for any default in respect of the Event due to any act of God, war, riot, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, storm, technical, pandemic outbreak, government lockdown order or system failures or any event beyond the reasonable control of the Bank.
- Under no circumstances shall the Bank be liable to any loss and/or damage incurred by any party (including without limitation to the loss of income, profits or goodwill whether the same be direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive) nor shall the Bank be liable for any special damages to any party including third parties howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, in connection with the Event and/or the prize(s), even if the Bank have been advised of the possibility of such loss and/or damages in advance, and all such loss and/or damages have been expressly excluded.
- The Bank reserves the right to change, amend and/or vary the mechanics of the Event and/or vary any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time with prior notice either by displaying on this website and/or other means of communication that may be deemed appropriate by the Bank. If any future modifications of these Terms and Conditions are unacceptable to the participants, they should discontinue any further participation.
- For any further enquiries, please contact us at facebook.com/jomhackmy/ or e-mail us at [email protected].
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
- This event is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- You are solely liable for any costs including expenses and taxes associated with the acceptance and/or use of the prizes.